Central Records is staffed by seven full time civilian employees. Central Records processes all arrest paperwork and incident reports. Information is reviewed and forwarded to the State Police and FBI to ensure accurate and complete local records as well as State and Federal criminal histories. The bureau fills all requests for documents or information from other police departments, government agencies, attorneys, courts, and the general public including Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. This office also handles record checks, issues pistol purchase permits, registers handguns and fingerprinting requests between the hours of 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
The City of Livonia keeps a variety of public records. Many of these documents are available to members of the public. If you have Internet access, the City’s website, www.livonia.gov, offers quick and easy access to information about the City, therefore, it is the best starting point if you are looking for data gathered by and about the City. But, thanks in large part to Michigan’s Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”), a broader array of public records can — whether in hard copy or electronic form — be had upon your request. You may be charged for copying and various other costs incurred by the City in response to such requests, as described in the below linked documents.
If you have questions regarding the Freedom Of Information Act or would like to make a online request from the Livonia Police Department, please click here.
- No handgun purchase permits or registrations are conducted after 4:00 p.m.
- Appointments are not necessary.
- Freedom of Information Act requests can be made at the Central Records desk inside the police station during normal business hours, by fax (734) 466-2171 or by email to email@example.com. Click on the link above to get a copy of the FOIA request form. Proper identification (driver’s license or state I.D. card) is required to pick up documents. If you have questions concerning the FOIA process, please email us using our contact form, call (734) 466-2382 or by fax (734) 466-2171.
Individuals interested in obtaining a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) may obtain the application packet at the Central Records desk during business hours. The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office handles the processing of all CPL applications. Should you have questions regarding this process, you should contact the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office at (734) 721-5125.
*cash or check only
- Handgun Purchase Permit Notary Fee$5.00per permit
- Fingerprints$15.00per card
- State Fingerprint Checks$58.25
- Incident Reports$5.00
- Accident Reports$13.00
- FOIA RequestsVariable
- Local Record Checks$6.00